SR22 Insurance Illinois

SR22 Insurance Illinois
Illinois SR22 insurance is not an added expense we all can afford. However, if you have to have it you might as well try to find the best deal possible and get cheap SR22 Insurance in Illinois.


I know I live in Illinois and I have had 2 DUI's myself and I have had to purchase SR22 Insurance. But back when I had to buy SR22 insurance you could not just go online and get free SR22 quotes. Lucky for you this that is no longer the case.

Tips for SR22 Insurance Illinois
  • To find cheap SR22 insurance in Illinois I recommend that you get several quotes. I also recommend that you get a regular car insurance estimate as well. I say that because if you have both from the same company it will make reporting that you have current insurance a lot easier and there is a less chance for them to screw up.
  • Shop online, companies do give better deals if you shop online for your SR22 insurance.
  • If you have to get SR22 Insurance you are now considered a high risk driver. So if you take a drivers safety course you might be able to help lower the cost of your overall insurance.
  • Like I said above you should get regular insurance with the same company. By combining these policies you could get a discount depending on the company.
  • Start being responsible when it comes to driving. Do not get any more tickets, that means no speeding, no drinking and driving even if your under the legal limit. If you had one DUI the legal limit does not apply to you and you can get a second one for being lower than the legal limit.
  • Make sure your policy is paid and does not expire. In Illinois if your policy expires the SR 22 insurance company is required to report you to the secretary of state within 15 days of the lapse in the policy. This can cause you to lose your license again. 
Who is required to purchase and file SR22 insurance Illinois
  • (DUI) Driving under the influence
  • Revocation License
  • 3 or more convictions for mandatory insurance violation
  • Failure to maintain proper liability insurance
  • Unsatisfied judgment suspension
I truly hope this help you get cheap SR22 insurance in Illinois.